Merry Christmas to all of my Christian friends in ASD
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-24 17:48:01 UTC
Laurie and I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas.

We both just love the holiday even though we always spend the day here
at home by ourselves. You see we know that all of our children are
spending the day in their own homes with their kids which is exactly
what we did when they were small. We will get phone calls from them so
the grand kids can tell Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Chuck how good
Santa was and how much they love us. Who could possibly ask for any
greater blessing?
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

The following information is given with the utmost respect
for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Dec. 23, 2005 is 2,163.
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Cheri
2005-12-24 17:53:32 UTC
Thank you Chuck. Happy Holidays to you and Laurie. BTW, BURDON is
spelled BURDEN. Just thought you'd like to know. I thought you were
talking about Eric Burdon and the Animals for a minute there. ;-)
--
Cheri

Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-24 21:31:20 UTC
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:53:32 -0800, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom>
Post by Cheri
Thank you Chuck. Happy Holidays to you and Laurie. BTW, BURDON is
spelled BURDEN. Just thought you'd like to know. I thought you were
talking about Eric Burdon and the Animals for a minute there. ;-)
LOL

Thank you Cheri. I can always count on you. I have to use Notepad to
compose the sigline and it doesn't have a spell check in it. Darn it.

We did our Christmas Eve lunch with our two oldest kids (ages 43 & 44)
and their spouses. We were very surprised when our oldest son's two
daughters were there too. We didn't expect them since they go with
their mom and step dad to their maternal grandparents house in the
afternoon every year. We had a wonderful Mexican dinner and just had a
really good time.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Cheri
2005-12-25 16:19:02 UTC
Sounds like you had a fun time Chuck, and speaking of Eric Burdon and
the Animals, the "Sky Pilot" song is pretty appropriate in your sig
line. Have a great day my friend.

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-25 17:11:33 UTC
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom>
Post by Cheri
Sounds like you had a fun time Chuck, and speaking of Eric Burdon and
the Animals, the "Sky Pilot" song is pretty appropriate in your sig
line. Have a great day my friend.
Thank you. Now I gotta wait till they run "Sky Pilot" again so I can
remember the song.

Laurie and I exchanged gifts this morning after we had our breakfast
and coffee. As I expected the two gifts she loves the most are the two
games I gave her that she played as a child. They are the board games
"Operation" and "Mousetrap." She has told me many times how much fun
she and her brother had playing both of them that it got me to
thinking, 'Why not get her those so she and I can play them and just
have fun.' She really likes the jewelry I gave her, but these two
games that cost a total of under $25 really made her face light up and
she laughed and told me how much she loves them. You know I can't ask
for anything more than that.

Merry Christmas to all
and to all a Happy New Year too.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

The following information is given with the utmost respect
for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Dec. 24, 2005 is 2,165.
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Cheri
2005-12-25 21:09:13 UTC
You know the song if you think about it. The Sky Pilot is the chaplain
who is talking to the soldiers as they go off to war while "the mothers
and fathers back home they will cry." Sad really. Anyway, sounds like
you made Lauries' day with those games. I love the operation game too.
Peace Chuck.

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Peter Bowditch
2005-12-25 23:58:53 UTC
Post by Cheri
Sounds like you had a fun time Chuck, and speaking of Eric Burdon and
the Animals, the "Sky Pilot" song is pretty appropriate in your sig
line. Have a great day my friend.
Thank you. Now I gotta wait till they run "Sky Pilot" again so I can
remember the song.
He blesses the boys as they stand in line
The smell of gun grease and the bayonets they shine
He's there to help them all that he can
To make them feel wanted he's a good holy man
Sky pilot.....sky pilot
How high can you fly
You'll never, never, never reach the sky

He smiles at the young soldiers
Tells them its all right
He knows of their fear in the forthcoming fight
Soon there'll be blood and many will die
Mothers and fathers back home they will cry
Sky pilot.....sky pilot
How high can you fly
You'll never, never, never reach the sky

He mumbles a prayer and it ends with a smile
The order is given
They move down the line
But he's still behind and he'll meditate
But it won't stop the bleeding or ease the hate
As the young men move out into the battle zone
He feels good, with God you're never alone
He feels tired and he lays on his bed
Hopes the men will find courage in the words that he said
Sky pilot.....sky Pilot
How high can you fly
You'll never, never, never reach the sky

You're soldiers of God you must understand
The fate of your country is in your young hands
May God give you strength
Do your job real well
If it all was worth it
Only time it will tell

In the morning they return
With tears in their eyes
The stench of death drifts up to the skies
A soldier so ill looks at the sky pilot
Remembers the words
"Thou shalt not kill"
Sky pilot.....sky pilot
How high can you fly
You never, never, never reach the sky
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 04:51:21 UTC
Thank you for posting the words. It does sound way too much like what
is going on right now.

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Reginald
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-25 17:09:06 UTC
Post by Reginald
Thank God George Bush has the courage to defend our country against the
most evil enemies we've ever faced.
He does?
Where?

He took his eye off the goal and because of that Osama bin Laden is
still free to do his worst.

Saddam and Iraq was absolutely no threat to us whatever. He just
wanted to do his daddy one better and thought he could procure the oil
in Iraq for his buddies at the same time.

The ingrate should be forced to look at photographs of the dead and
wounded people in Iraq every night before retiring and every morning
before breakfast for the rest of his life.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe
2005-12-25 20:34:53 UTC
Sounds like you & Reginald should take this to Alt.America-at-war or
alt.politics. MERRY CHRISTMAS! psst
--
Joe
T2 Nov '05

Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

Protesting the war/politics in a newsgroup is like selling life insurance at
a funeral, its just tacky! People go to newsgroups for "help", not to be
bashed with others political whoa's!
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-25 21:32:01 UTC
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:34:53 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
Sounds like you & Reginald should take this to Alt.America-at-war or
alt.politics. MERRY CHRISTMAS! psst
Sounds as if you do not know the basics about siglines. If you did you
would either ignore it or realize I only expressing an opinion that
has nothing to do with diabetes.

OTOH, I don't seem to recognize you Joe. Have you been posting here
regularly using another name or have I simply missed what you had to
say. There aren't very many people in here that I ignore and only a
very select bunch in my KF (Mostly Chung and those that only post when
replying to his x-posted rantings.).
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe
2005-12-26 02:29:46 UTC
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
TaniO
2005-12-26 03:15:12 UTC
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
I have been on usenet for many years. Currently, I
am subscribed to 11 varied groups. Am I supposed to
have a separate sig for each group?

Oh yes, and I don't use smilies either.

TaniO
Joe

TaniO
Sleepyman
2005-12-26 04:40:49 UTC
Post by TaniO
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
I have been on usenet for many years. Currently, I
am subscribed to 11 varied groups. Am I supposed to
have a separate sig for each group?
Oh yes, and I don't use smilies either.
TaniO
Death to smilies!

Sleepy

"I used to think I was poor. Then they told me I wasn't poor, I was needy. Then they
told me it was self-defeating to think of myself as needy, I was deprived. Then they
told me deprived was a bad image, I was underprivileged. Then they told me
underprivileged was overused, I was disadvantaged. I still don't have a dime,
but I sure have a great vocabulary."

-Unknown
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 04:54:34 UTC
Post by TaniO
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
I have been on usenet for many years. Currently, I
am subscribed to 11 varied groups. Am I supposed to
have a separate sig for each group?
Oh yes, and I don't use smilies either.
TaniO
Thank you TaniO.
I use the same exact sigline on all of my outgoing emails too - even
the ones that I send to my Senators and Representative.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 04:52:08 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:29:46 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
Opinions are like noses - everyone has one and most smell.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Ma¢k
2005-12-26 15:14:38 UTC
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
read up on the history of signatures aka sig lines and usenet. Then
read up on the history of this particular group. and don't try to
play moderator.
--
Mâck©®
Type 1 since 1975

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
...Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Joe
2005-12-26 15:54:03 UTC
You must be Grandpa Chuck mommy since you are sticking you nose in this.
Grandpa a big boy now he can debate his own battles.
--
Joe
T2 Nov '05
30mg Actos, Diet & Exercise

Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.

Protesting the war/politics in a newsgroup is like selling life insurance at
a funeral, its just tacky! People go to newsgroups for "help", not to bashed
Jesus never hated anyone.
Ma¢k
2005-12-26 16:02:27 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:54:03 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
You must be Grandpa Chuck mommy since you are sticking you nose in this.
Grandpa a big boy now he can debate his own battles.
so you are admitting that you want to argue and just blame chuck for
your bad behavior.

you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?

Jesus never hated anyone.
Joe
2005-12-26 16:18:57 UTC
Post by Ma¢k
so you are admitting that you want to argue and just blame chuck for
your bad behavior.
NO! Thats something you made up in you head.
Post by Ma¢k
you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?
Like I said before, this doesn't involve you, but I see you are doing your
best to start a fight. Well you won't get one from me. Fact is: you just
like to put your nose where it doesn't belong.

Welcome to my kill-file

"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.
--

.
Jesus never hated anyone.
Ma¢k
2005-12-26 16:23:20 UTC
Post by Ma¢k
you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?
Like I said before, this doesn't involve you, but I see you are doing your
best to start a fight. Well you won't get one from me. Fact is: you just
like to put your nose where it doesn't belong.
Welcome to my kill-file
"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.
you are describing your behavior since you started in on chuck's sig
file.

if you did not want anyone but chuck replying to then you should have
sent your trolling posts via email to chuck.

Jesus never hated anyone.
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 20:12:56 UTC
Post by Ma¢k
you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?
Like I said before, this doesn't involve you, but I see you are doing your
best to start a fight. Well you won't get one from me. Fact is: you just
like to put your nose where it doesn't belong.
Welcome to my kill-file
"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.
you are describing your behavior since you started in on chuck's sig
file.
if you did not want anyone but chuck replying to then you should have
sent your trolling posts via email to chuck.
He would have to apologize and ask me politely first before I would
consider giving him any of my actual email addresses - even the one
that gets all the spam, Trojan horses and virus laden crap.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

The following information is given with the utmost respect
for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Dec. 25, 2005 is 2,168.
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 20:11:23 UTC
Post by Ma¢k
you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?
Like I said before, this doesn't involve you, but I see you are doing your
best to start a fight. Well you won't get one from me. Fact is: you just
like to put your nose where it doesn't belong.
Welcome to my kill-file
"Troll" -- a socially challenged individual whose activity or behaviour
is to post deliberately purile and asinine opinions or statements, looking
invoke or incite a response to fulfill social interaction that might be
otherwise lacking in their life.
Well, I'll be jiggered!
This is Dave using another identity after all.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Ozgirl
2005-12-27 06:54:13 UTC
Post by Joe
behaviour is to post deliberately purile and asinine
opinions or
statements, looking to
Post by Joe
be otherwise lacking in their life.
My goodness, you just described your exact actions when you
whined to Chuck about his sig-file. Who cares what his sig
file is? As long as it isn't so long as to be annoying, who
gives a flying f*&^? Get over yourself. I personally look
for the diabetic content of a post, not what the sig-file
involves. I just looked at yours, hmm, preaching to the
choir? Wouldn't that sig-file go down better (if people
really bother reading them) in a NON diabetic group? Might
encourage sig-file readers to question it, ask about
diabetes, etc etc... Now, what was your diabetes question
again?
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 16:23:01 UTC
Post by Joe
You must be Grandpa Chuck mommy since you are sticking you nose in this.
Grandpa a big boy now he can debate his own battles.
so you are admitting that you want to argue and just blame chuck for
your bad behavior.
you are new here, chuck is not. why should he have to change to suit
your limited understanding?
This guy is beginning to sound like Dave using another identity.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 16:22:18 UTC
Post by Joe
You must be Grandpa Chuck mommy since you are sticking you nose in this.
Grandpa a big boy now he can debate his own battles.
And you must know so little about newsgroups that you don't know that
anything anyone posts - that's right anything - is open for any person
who cares to reply to may do so.

Pitiful.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 16:19:41 UTC
Post by Joe
My point exactly. Your sigline HAS nothing to do with diabetes. All it does
is draw people attention away from the point of this newsgroup, which is
alt.support.diabetes, NOT alt.conspiracy.america-at-war.Adults and young
adults come here for help on diabetes, they should have to submit themselfs
to your banner waving. Eveyone has an opinion on the war and the president,
this newsgroup(alt.support.diabetes) isn't the approatiate place to display
it.
read up on the history of signatures aka sig lines and usenet. Then
read up on the history of this particular group. and don't try to
play moderator.
Don't you just love newbies who come in and try take the center stage?
You know - like Dave did.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-25 21:34:49 UTC
Post by Joe
Sounds like you & Reginald should take this to Alt.America-at-war or
alt.politics. MERRY CHRISTMAS! psst
Excuse me. Now I know why I didn't recognize you after taking the time
to read your sigline. You are a very new member.

Welcome to our family Joe. You will soon learn that some of us do talk
about many things since we do not allow this wonderful disease to rule
our lives. I, for one, use it as a blessing to help me live a more
healthy life style that I should have been doing for years.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 04:52:50 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:44:02 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
Your sigline is not everyday talk, its a tool for instigating trouble within
a newsgroup.
That is utter bullshit Joe.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe
2005-12-26 07:13:10 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
That is utter bullshit Joe.
Not in my eyes. Nice language btw.

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 16:18:40 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 07:13:10 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
Post by Grandpa Chuck
That is utter bullshit Joe.
Not in my eyes. Nice language btw.
LOL
You obviously are not a "good old boy" if language such as the word
bullshit offends you.
Pity.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Ma¢k
2005-12-26 16:34:16 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:21:15 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't offend others. And
many read this.
joe you're another self appointed savior, judge, jury and moderator
with a twisted middle child complex.

nothing unique.

Jesus never hated anyone.
TaniO
2005-12-26 16:48:25 UTC
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't offend others. And
many read this.
People read this group for support. And sometimes
language reflects what they need to say. I see that
in another post you show that you know how to use a
KF. Take care of yourself. Let others say what they
want to say.

TaniO
David
2005-12-26 18:03:18 UTC
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't offend others. And
many read this.
Joe, nothing works better for this NG than a well maintained kill file. <g>

dave
Joe
2005-12-26 18:47:43 UTC
Yea I know. It doesn't work when people quote someone on your list.
--
Joe
T2 Nov '05

*****Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.*****

Protesting the war/politics in this newsgroup is like selling life insurance
at a funeral, its just tacky! And a waste of bandwidth!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(electronic)#Forum_spam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block
dave
David
2005-12-26 22:54:27 UTC
Post by Joe
Yea I know. It doesn't work when people quote someone on your list.
Yeah, like when someone quotes Mack and RK. sigh. At least she's not
posting now.

dave
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 23:11:17 UTC
Post by David
Post by Joe
Yea I know. It doesn't work when people quote someone on your list.
Yeah, like when someone quotes Mack and RK. sigh. At least she's not
posting now.
dave
She was here before this asshole showed his ugly face and she will be
back. She is a very valued member of our family and has helped a lot
of people here. That is way more than can be said about this dave ass
wipe.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 20:09:35 UTC
Post by David
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't offend others. And
many read this.
Joe, nothing works better for this NG than a well maintained kill file. <g>
dave
And Dave knows this so well because he is in so many members' KF.
He has earned that position too.
The only reason he isn't in mine is because of his record of attacking
respected members when they may be in a vulnerable position.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 20:07:32 UTC
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't offend others. And
many read this.
Which is none of your damned business, is it?
Who the hell appointed you group moderator?
No one - that's who.
Go suck eggs.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe
2005-12-26 20:28:19 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Which is none of your damned business, is it?
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! such language. BTW your sig is wasting my banddwidth which
is my business! See, you try to make it seem like I'm against your political
view and I'm not, I'm all for free speech. Fact is I may even agree with you
politically. I just think its the wrong NG to post it in.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Who the hell appointed you group moderator?
I'm not, you should do that yourself!
Post by Grandpa Chuck
No one - that's who.
Who's being the moderator now HMMMMM!
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Go suck eggs.
I love eggs, great made in to a protein shake which is good for my BG &
BP. You might try the same 'cause I'll bet your BP & BG is up a bit.

Take care,
<Plonk> killfile
--
Joe
T2 Nov '05

*****Diabetes, be proactive, not reactive.*****
Protesting the war/politics in this newsgroup is like selling life insurance
at a funeral, its just tacky! And a waste of bandwidth!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
<Snip>
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 23:00:53 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:28:19 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Which is none of your damned business, is it?
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! such language. BTW your sig is wasting my banddwidth which
is my business! See, you try to make it seem like I'm against your political
view and I'm not, I'm all for free speech. Fact is I may even agree with you
politically. I just think its the wrong NG to post it in.
Tell you what I'm going to do: If you want me to change the tone of my
sigline then you take the time to write to your Senators, your
Representative, your President and Vice President telling them you
want our soldiers brought home NOW without any delays or excuses. When
they are ALL home and no more are dying in Iraq you will see a
dramatic change in my sigline. In the meantime it will continue to
change almost every day as more and more Americans lose their lives in
Bush's war.

You should have seen it before I shortened it. Here is what it was on
Thanksgiving Day and how it appeared for a very long time before that.
Tell me if you like that better.
Post by Joe
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-
~
Today is Thanksgiving Day in America. Many of us will gather around
tables with family and friends in order to give thanks for all of
our blessings.
I believe we should also take a moment to give special thanks for the
brave mean and women of our armed forces who lay their lives on the
line for all of us. Yesterday we passed the total of
TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED
American military personnel killed in Iraq.
I have the highest respect for all of our veterans who have served and
those that are now in the military service. I think of the sacrifices
they have made through the years in order to protect our freedoms and
to fulfill their duty.
Even in times when I have felt we were involved in a war action I did
not agree with I have always held the highest respect for those who serve.
I sincerely hope you will take a moment to look at the stars below and
remember that each one represents the life of a soldier that has been
lost in the war in Iraq.
The following information is given with the utmost respect
for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Nov. 23, 2005 is 2,102.
500
1,000
1,500
2,000
**
2,102 American Military Personnel
United Kingdom = 98
Other = 103
***
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Who the hell appointed you group moderator?
I'm not, you should do that yourself!
So long as Americans are dying in this unjust and so far as I am
concerned illegal war you will see it if you read my posts.
Post by Joe
Post by Grandpa Chuck
No one - that's who.
Who's being the moderator now HMMMMM!
Not me; that is for certain.
Post by Joe
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Go suck eggs.
I love eggs, great made in to a protein shake which is good for my BG &
BP. You might try the same 'cause I'll bet your BP & BG is up a bit.
Not at all.
My last A1c was 5.6.
What was yours.
Post by Joe
Take care,
<Plonk> killfile
Sure sign of a coward.
Now I am almost certain this is Dave using another identity. Same bad
behavior. Same cowardly way out.

What a fine piece of work! - NOT
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Joe
2005-12-26 20:53:07 UTC
As a final thought, Think back now How many times have you gotten in to a
fight over your sig? How much time have you spent defending your sig? How
many post have been devoted to your sig? How much time have other spent
reading/responding/ debating, Etc...? How much bandwidth have you used ?
Is your sig really doing anything positive for the group as a whole? Please
don't reply as I've already added you to my killfile, I ask these questions
more for you to reflect on then anything.

best wishes

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Cheri
2005-12-26 21:05:52 UTC
Who cares? People put what they want in their sig-line. Ignore it,
killfile the poster, or killfile the thread. No need to go on and on
about it IMO.

--
Cheri

Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 23:13:13 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:05:52 -0800, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom>
Post by Cheri
Who cares? People put what they want in their sig-line. Ignore it,
killfile the poster, or killfile the thread. No need to go on and on
about it IMO.
I agree Cheri, but when you KF someone don't take the cowards way out
by asking a bunch of questions or even by bragging about it. This Joe
asshole has to be Dave under another name, doesn't it?
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
TaniO
2005-12-26 23:21:50 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:13:13 -0500, Grandpa Chuck
wrote
(in message
Post by Cheri
Who cares? People put what they want in their sig-line. Ignore it,
killfile the poster, or killfile the thread. No need to go on and on
about it IMO.
I agree Cheri, but when you KF someone don't take the cowards way out
by asking a bunch of questions or even by bragging about it. This Joe
asshole has to be Dave under another name, doesn't it?
You mean you haven't figured out by now that there
are enough assholes in the world to go around, Chuck.
I believe that they are separate posters.

TaniO
Joe
2005-12-26 23:48:12 UTC
Swearing and name calling is alway the last resort which I won't reply to.
No I'm not this Dave either. My actual email address is right there, not
fake address, just remove the 2nd "e" in .neet

TaniO
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-27 00:27:21 UTC
Post by Cheri
Who cares? People put what they want in their sig-line. Ignore it,
killfile the poster, or killfile the thread. No need to go on and on
about it IMO.
I agree Cheri, but when you KF someone don't take the cowards way out
by asking a bunch of questions or even by bragging about it. This Joe
asshole has to be Dave under another name, doesn't it?
You mean you haven't figured out by now that there
are enough assholes in the world to go around, Chuck.
I believe that they are separate posters.
TaniO
Oh no Mister Bill !!!
Not two of them !!!

Not too surprising when it comes down to it.
Oh well, they will either settle down or find themselves ignored most
of the time.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Cheri
2005-12-27 00:12:48 UTC
Naw, it's not Dave.

--

Post by Grandpa Chuck
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 23:04:59 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:53:07 GMT, "Joe"
Post by Joe
As a final thought, Think back now How many times have you gotten in to a
fight over your sig?
Only a few.
Post by Joe
How much time have you spent defending your sig?
Very little and it was well worth the time spent considering what it
says.
Post by Joe
How
many post have been devoted to your sig?
I never keep score.
Post by Joe
How much time have other spent
reading/responding/ debating, Etc...? How much bandwidth have you used ?
I don't keep score and don't really care.
Post by Joe
Is your sig really doing anything positive for the group as a whole?
You are god damned right it is so long as Americans are dying in Iraq
for Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld and Halliburton.
Post by Joe
Please
don't reply as I've already added you to my killfile, I ask these questions
more for you to reflect on then anything.
What a freaking coward this low-life scumbag proves himself to be.
He asks me a list of questions and then brags that he has me in his
killfile so he won't see my reply.

I hope someone else replies just so he gets a chance to read this.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Ozgirl
2005-12-27 07:07:12 UTC
Post by Joe
It doesn't offend me, but thats not to say it doesn't
offend others.
Post by Joe
And many read this.
As you said to Mack, people are big boys and girls here and
can speak for themselves.

Just in case you forgot what you wrote: "You must be Grandpa
Chuck mommy since you are sticking you nose in this. Grandpa
a big boy now he can debate his own battles."

Please don't be my moderator. Please don't change subject
lines to incite riot. Please don't comment on sig-files to
create dissent. If you hadn't commented we would all be
doing swimmingly by now. Do you feel proud of yourself?
David
2005-12-28 00:40:59 UTC
Post by Ozgirl
As you said to Mack, people are big boys and girls here and
can speak for themselves.
One of my biggest gripes with the posters on THIS NG, is that they do
NOT let people speak for themselves. They have to get offended on
behalf of someone and come to their aid. so I discount your assertion
that the posters here are all "big boys and girls". does Diana act like
a "big girl"? did not 743 people whine for her?? gimme a break. Your
ideas are not rooted in reality.

Dave

Sleepyman
2005-12-26 04:38:36 UTC
Post by Joe
Sounds like you & Reginald should take this to Alt.America-at-war or
alt.politics. MERRY CHRISTMAS! psst
There is nothing anyone should find objectionable with her post.
Doesn't matter what "side" or even what "religion" you follow.

P.S. Sometimes support is more than straight, cold medical advice.

JMO of course

-Unknown
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 04:56:02 UTC
Post by Joe
Sounds like you & Reginald should take this to Alt.America-at-war or
alt.politics. MERRY CHRISTMAS! psst
There is nothing anyone should find objectionable with her post.
Doesn't matter what "side" or even what "religion" you follow.
P.S. Sometimes support is more than straight, cold medical advice.
JMO of course
Sleepy
"I used to think I was poor. Then they told me I wasn't poor, I was needy. Then they
told me it was self-defeating to think of myself as needy, I was deprived. Then they
told me deprived was a bad image, I was underprivileged. Then they told me
underprivileged was overused, I was disadvantaged. I still don't have a dime,
but I sure have a great vocabulary."
-Unknown
Me thinks Sleepy and I agree on many more things than the few we
disagree on.

Peace be with you Sleepy.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Michael
2005-12-26 22:33:57 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Reginald
Thank God George Bush has the courage to defend our country against the
most evil enemies we've ever faced.
He does?
Where?
He took his eye off the goal and because of that Osama bin Laden is
still free to do his worst.
Saddam and Iraq was absolutely no threat to us whatever. He just
wanted to do his daddy one better and thought he could procure the oil
in Iraq for his buddies at the same time.
The ingrate should be forced to look at photographs of the dead and
wounded people in Iraq every night before retiring and every morning
before breakfast for the rest of his life.
Yes, George Bush has the courage to defend our country against the most
evil enemies we've ever faced.

And he's used Saddam Hussein as an excuse to start a war that has drawn
those enemies to a battleground of Bush's choosing.

mt
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-26 23:09:29 UTC
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:33:57 -0700, Michael
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Reginald
[...]
DAMN Michael, you have bought the Bush/Cheney line of bullshit lock,
stock and barrel. How truly blind you are.

Next you say it is just fine for him to have people spy on Quaker
meetings in this country or any other American citizen he wants to. If
you defend that then you would have loved Soviet Russia as it formerly
was.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Michael
2005-12-27 00:41:56 UTC
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Reginald
[...]
Uh, Chuck, I don't think I've bought the BC line lock, stock, and
barrel. I was telling people before Bush launched any missiles on
Baghdad that they wouldn't find WMD, because Hussein was too smart to
allow any to remain.
(If you recall, Hussein kicked out the inspectors about 6 months before
Bush launched, and allowed them back about 2 weeks before launch. I
figure he used those 6 months to clean up any evidence)
My point is that I believe that Bush has not disclosed the true purpose
of the war...and I believe the true purpose is to fight terrorists over
there instead of over here.
I also believe this is somewhat misguided. Or a bad balance, perhaps.
Yes, it gives terrorists an easy target. However, it also presents a
reason for more people to join the terrorists. I would guess that the
result will be a net gain in numbers of terrorists.
Do I believe Bush /should/ have started the war? I'm undecided. Do I
believe Bush lied about WMD? No. I believe he believed what he told us
about the existence of WMD. Do I believe Bush had other reasons beyond
WMD that he didn't tell us? Yes I do.

Do you still think I bought the "Bush/Cheney Line?"

mt
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-27 00:52:04 UTC
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Reginald
[...]
And I told anyone who would listen before the 2000 election that if
Bush made it into the White House he would have us in a war within two
years of less and that it would probably be in Iraq.

Hussein was no threat to us at all and Bush knew it. Cheney, Rove and
company pushed him convincing him he could avenge Hussein's reported
plan to assassinate the elder Bush.
Post by Michael
(If you recall, Hussein kicked out the inspectors about 6 months before
Bush launched, and allowed them back about 2 weeks before launch. I
figure he used those 6 months to clean up any evidence)
Which never existed. If it had the evidence would have been found.
Post by Michael
My point is that I believe that Bush has not disclosed the true purpose
of the war...and I believe the true purpose is to fight terrorists over
there instead of over here.
Instead he and his policies are creating terrorists against America
for generations to come. Our great grandchildren will still be living
with the threat of terrorist attack every day of their lives.
Post by Michael
I also believe this is somewhat misguided. Or a bad balance, perhaps.
Yes, it gives terrorists an easy target. However, it also presents a
reason for more people to join the terrorists. I would guess that the
result will be a net gain in numbers of terrorists.
Do you know right after 9/11 hundreds of Moslem women named their new
sons Osama?
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush /should/ have started the war? I'm undecided. Do I
believe Bush lied about WMD? No.
He did.
Post by Michael
I believe he believed what he told us
about the existence of WMD.
Even he is not that dumb - or is he?
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush had other reasons beyond
WMD that he didn't tell us? Yes I do.
Beyond doubt.
Not the least of which was the control of Iraq's oil.
Post by Michael
Do you still think I bought the "Bush/Cheney Line?"
I think you have a more realistic view of it than most people that
support him. I still think he deserves to be impeached, tried for
treason, sentenced to life without parole and forced to look at
pictures of his victims in Iraq every single day for the rest of his
miserable life. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove deserve the same thing.
Post by Michael
mt
Michael you have gained my respect. I think you have I have some
different views, but that's alright.

The important thing is that I do indeed support our soldiers
wholeheartedly. Does that mean I support the war? Not for one
nanosecond.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Michael
2005-12-27 02:14:01 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Which never existed. If it had the evidence would have been found.
There you are demonstratively /WRONG/. At least in what you wrote.
There is incontrovertible proof that Saddam had WMD prior to the first
Gulf War. NEVER is wrong.

I am not convinced he had any at the time Bush took office.
Circumstances suggest to me however that he /likely/ did and got rid of
them in the 6 month period I referred you to earlier.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
My point is that I believe that Bush has not disclosed the true purpose
of the war...and I believe the true purpose is to fight terrorists over
there instead of over here.
Instead he and his policies are creating terrorists against America
for generations to come. Our great grandchildren will still be living
with the threat of terrorist attack every day of their lives.
As I said in the next paragraph.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
I also believe this is somewhat misguided. Or a bad balance, perhaps.
Yes, it gives terrorists an easy target. However, it also presents a
reason for more people to join the terrorists. I would guess that the
result will be a net gain in numbers of terrorists.
Do you know right after 9/11 hundreds of Moslem women named their new
sons Osama?
That is sad and suggests that we need to be doing something besides
sending troops to Iraq to combat terrorism. We need to bring hope to
the people. I find it hard to believe today, but maybe Bush believes
that is what he /is/ doing with Iraq. I can't see how prosecuting a war
in Iraq brings hope to moslem people of Saudi Arabia (where most of the
hijackers were from, of course)

However, what does the increase in the use of the name Osama have to do
with Iraq?
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush /should/ have started the war? I'm undecided. Do I
believe Bush lied about WMD? No.
He did.
You have /proof/ that he knew Saddam didn't have WMD at the start of the
war? Everything I've heard suggests not only did CIA tell Bush Saddam
had WMD at the start of the war, but also neighbors of Saddam's (Jordan
or Syria, I forget which), warned Bush himself, directly, that Saddam
had WMD.

If you are led to believe something, and tell others that mistruth, you
are not lying. I believe Bush /believed/ Saddam had WMD when the war
started.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
I believe he believed what he told us
about the existence of WMD.
Even he is not that dumb - or is he?
why should he not have believed it? He had his own CIA telling him of
WMD; he had other heads of state telling him of WMD. My personal theory
is that middle-level politicrats subverted analysts into changing their
reports -- and that only those reports were forwarded to Bush.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush had other reasons beyond
WMD that he didn't tell us? Yes I do.
Beyond doubt.
Not the least of which was the control of Iraq's oil.
You live near Houston, don't you? So you should have a better
perspective on the oil industry than I, here in the Sonoran Desert.
What do you think the endgame of oil is, and what's your proof that
things are headed that direction?
Post by Michael
mt
Michael you have gained my respect. I think you have I have some
different views, but that's alright.
The important thing is that I do indeed support our soldiers
wholeheartedly. Does that mean I support the war? Not for one
nanosecond.
I'm on the fence over the war myself. In particular, I can't decide if
with 20/20 hindsight it was worth the effort to oust Hussein, and I
can't decide what /I/ think the exit strategy should be.
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-27 04:04:54 UTC
All this just because I started an OT thread to wish my Christian
friends a very Merry Christmas?????

Ridiculous.

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:14:01 -0700, Michael
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Which never existed. If it had the evidence would have been found.
There you are demonstratively /WRONG/. At least in what you wrote.
There is incontrovertible proof that Saddam had WMD prior to the first
Gulf War. NEVER is wrong.
Okay. Okay, but not just before this obscenity that Bush/Cheney
started setting a terrible precedent by making us an aggressor nation.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
I also believe this is somewhat misguided. Or a bad balance, perhaps.
Yes, it gives terrorists an easy target. However, it also presents a
reason for more people to join the terrorists. I would guess that the
result will be a net gain in numbers of terrorists.
Do you know right after 9/11 hundreds of Moslem women named their new
sons Osama?
That is sad and suggests that we need to be doing something besides
sending troops to Iraq to combat terrorism. We need to bring hope to
the people.
Amen, but not in Iraq.
We should have stayed the course in Afghanistan.
Post by Michael
I find it hard to believe today, but maybe Bush believes
that is what he /is/ doing with Iraq. I can't see how prosecuting a war
in Iraq brings hope to moslem people of Saudi Arabia (where most of the
hijackers were from, of course)
And the Saudi regime has in many cases been every bit as brutal to the
Saudi people as Saddam was to the Iraqi people.
Post by Michael
However, what does the increase in the use of the name Osama have to do
with Iraq?
It shows the problem with the terrorists had very little if anything
to do with Iraq in the first place. In fact Saddam and Osama bin Laden
were far from being on friendly terms at all. Osama thought Saddam was
not a good Moslem and should not be the leader of Iraq. That has been
well documented.
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush /should/ have started the war? I'm undecided. Do I
believe Bush lied about WMD? No.
He did.
You have /proof/ that he knew Saddam didn't have WMD at the start of the
war?
Everything I have seen or heard that appears to be reliable has
convinced me he knew his premise was based completely on lies.
Post by Michael
Everything I've heard suggests not only did CIA tell Bush Saddam
had WMD at the start of the war, but also neighbors of Saddam's (Jordan
or Syria, I forget which), warned Bush himself, directly, that Saddam
had WMD.
They told Bush exactly what they were told to tell Bush by Cheney and
others. If Bush didn't know then it is a sure bet that Cheney did.
Post by Michael
If you are led to believe something, and tell others that mistruth, you
are not lying. I believe Bush /believed/ Saddam had WMD when the war
started.
And Bush has been Cheney's and Rove's puppet from before his
nomination.
Post by Michael
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
Do I believe Bush had other reasons beyond
WMD that he didn't tell us? Yes I do.
Beyond doubt.
Not the least of which was the control of Iraq's oil.
You live near Houston, don't you? So you should have a better
perspective on the oil industry than I, here in the Sonoran Desert.
What do you think the endgame of oil is, and what's your proof that
things are headed that direction?
I live in the Land Between Two Rivers also known by the Native
American word that means beautiful land - Iowa. I don't have to live
in oil country to be able to see the Emperor has no clothes.
Post by Michael
Post by Michael
mt
Michael you have gained my respect. I think you have I have some
different views, but that's alright.
The important thing is that I do indeed support our soldiers
wholeheartedly. Does that mean I support the war? Not for one
nanosecond.
I'm on the fence over the war myself. In particular, I can't decide if
with 20/20 hindsight it was worth the effort to oust Hussein, and I
can't decide what /I/ think the exit strategy should be.
If we were going after dictators, etc. who were killing thousands or
hundreds of thousands of their own people then we should have started
out on the African continent, not in Iraq. If we wanted to take down
terrible dictatorial regimes in the Middle East we should have started
with Saudi Arabia - not Iraq.

War always is about money and who controls it. Even when those wars
are based on religious beliefs. Of course they all worship money first
and THEIR god second.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Wes Groleau
2005-12-27 05:10:31 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Everything I have seen or heard that appears to be reliable has
convinced me he knew his premise was based completely on lies.
Well, sometimes I wonder whether what "appears to be reliable"
to most people is what agrees with their strongest beliefs.
Ifyou were to fall into this trap, that would mean anything
that supports your extreme hatred of Dubya.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
If we were going after dictators, etc. who were killing thousands or
hundreds of thousands of their own people then we should have started
out on the African continent, not in Iraq. If we wanted to take down
Yes.
Post by Grandpa Chuck
terrible dictatorial regimes in the Middle East we should have started
with Saudi Arabia - not Iraq.
No. Saudis are bad, but Saddam was worse.
--
Wes Groleau
-----------
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9612.html
Grandpa Chuck
2005-12-27 16:11:31 UTC
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 05:10:31 GMT, Wes Groleau
Post by Wes Groleau
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Everything I have seen or heard that appears to be reliable has
convinced me he knew his premise was based completely on lies.
Well, sometimes I wonder whether what "appears to be reliable"
to most people is what agrees with their strongest beliefs.
Ifyou were to fall into this trap, that would mean anything
that supports your extreme hatred of Dubya.
Hell, I couldn't stand him when he was governor of Texas, so why would
I change my position once SCOTUS put him in the White House. LOL
Post by Grandpa Chuck
terrible dictatorial regimes in the Middle East we should have started
with Saudi Arabia - not Iraq.
No. Saudis are bad, but Saddam was worse.
Kind of like comparing Charlie Manson with Ted Bundy, isn't it?
--
Grandpa Chuck
-ô¿ô-

FOUR MORE AMERICANS WERE ADDED TO THE LIST SINCE YESTERDAY.

The following information is given with the utmost respect
for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the
current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of Dec. 26, 2005 is 2,172.
United Kingdom = 98 Other = 103
Ozgirl
2005-12-27 07:06:11 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
friends a very Merry Christmas?????
Ya get that. Thanks for changing it to OT now it has taken a
nasty turn ;(
Wes Groleau
2005-12-27 05:03:46 UTC
Post by Grandpa Chuck
Post by Michael
(If you recall, Hussein kicked out the inspectors about 6 months before
Bush launched, and allowed them back about 2 weeks before launch. I
figure he used those 6 months to clean up any evidence)
I suspect Hussein wanted us to think he had them,
thinking he would make us look bad. It worked--but
not the way he wanted!
Post by Grandpa Chuck
I think you have a more realistic view of it than most people that
support him. I still think he deserves to be impeached, tried for
treason, sentenced to life without parole and forced to look at
pictures of his victims in Iraq every single day for the rest of his
miserable life. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove deserve the same thing.
Hmmm, sounds like the attitude some recently claimed
was behind all cases of capital punishment.
--
Wes Groleau

In any formula, constants (especially those obtained
from handbooks) are to be treated as variables.