I've got it
2008-01-26 06:05:54 UTC
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years. It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive. I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test. I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester. Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem. I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
krom
2008-01-26 06:22:39 UTC
I know i was just glad to find out WHAT was wrong with me so i could have
somthing to fight.

You sound the same and im sure once all the tests etc are in you can takle
it head on and feel much better.

KROM
2008-01-26 07:20:58 UTC
In article <fnejja$tni$***@aioe.org>, ***@hotmail.com
says...
Post by b
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years. It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive. I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test. I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester. Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem. I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
Thanks Krom. Were you misdiagnosed as well? I've been fighting
everything except Diabetes. I even went to the Dentist to get my
mercury fillings removed thinking it might be mercury poisoning. My
list is too long of the diseases I thought I might have....GL..BOB
krom
2008-01-26 11:35:48 UTC
I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior to
dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i was at the
doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol

Teh first moth i was tied..second tired and easily irritable byt the third i
had a rash..peeling skin..barely hold pee and slept 23 hours of the day..was
clear by then it was time to see the doc and i told them to check my bg
right away..and went to the er from there and got a insulin shot and the
next day my meter and metformin and glipi script.

Had i not known the typical symptoms and demanded a bg test.. who knows how
long it woulda took to dx.

KROM
Post by b
says...
krom

Frank t2
krom
2008-01-27 06:53:46 UTC
Yeah that what happens when i get into posting and dont eat and go low..lol

KROM
Post by Frank t2
LOL ..................................
Post by krom
I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior to
dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i was at
the doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol
Teh first moth i was tied..second tired and easily irritable byt the
third i had a rash..peeling skin..barely hold pee and slept 23 hours of
the day..was clear by then it was time to see the doc and i told them to
check my bg right away..and went to the er from there and got a insulin
shot and the next day my meter and metformin and glipi script.
Had i not known the typical symptoms and demanded a bg test.. who knows
how long it woulda took to dx.
KROM
Post by b
says...
RodS
2008-01-27 03:47:30 UTC
We've actually decided to call it Kromese
Watch for the dictionary soon :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Post by krom
I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior to
dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i was at
the doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol
Teh first moth i was tied..second tired and easily irritable byt the third
i had a rash..peeling skin..barely hold pee and slept 23 hours of the
day..was clear by then it was time to see the doc and i told them to check
my bg right away..and went to the er from there and got a insulin shot and
the next day my meter and metformin and glipi script.
Had i not known the typical symptoms and demanded a bg test.. who knows
how long it woulda took to dx.
KROM
Post by b
says...
krom

W. Baker
2008-01-27 18:22:40 UTC
krom <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Woohoo!
: i be famous!

: KROM

: "RodS" <***@fred.com> wrote in message
: news:m9Tmj.7409$***@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
: > We've actually decided to call it Kromese
: > Watch for the dictionary soon :-)
: >
: >
: > (- -)
: > =m=(_)=m=
: > RodS T2
: > Australia
: >
: >
: > krom wrote:
: >> Man typo city..hope you read "typese"..lol
: >>
: >> KROM
: >>
: >> "krom" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: >> news:fnf5ue$neu$***@aioe.org...
: >>> I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior to
: >>> dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i was at
: >>> the doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol
: >>>
: >>> Teh first moth i was tied..second tired and easily irritable byt the
: >>> third i had a rash..peeling skin..barely hold pee and slept 23 hours of
: >>> the day..was clear by then it was time to see the doc and i told them to
: >>> check my bg right away..and went to the er from there and got a insulin
: >>> shot and the next day my meter and metformin and glipi script.
: >>>
: >>> Had i not known the typical symptoms and demanded a bg test.. who knows
: >>> how long it woulda took to dx.
: >>>
: >>> KROM

What's wrong with it?:-) I type that way all the time! I see the errors
of my ways when I read my posts in the group, but since I compensate for
my poor vision with reading and writing with my brain as much as with my
eyes, I don't see the errors when I look over the message before posting.
I do catch some, but far from all.

You all do put up with my poor typing and proofing, and I do appreciate
it!

Wendy
krom
2008-01-27 20:34:05 UTC
I still want it named after me!

Ok fine i will share the glory!

It cna be called the krom/baker syndrom.

KROM
Post by W. Baker
: Woohoo!
: i be famous!
: KROM
Wendy
Ozgirl
2008-01-27 21:45:19 UTC
Post by W. Baker
: Woohoo!
: i be famous!
: KROM
Wow Wendy, I can't see a single mistake in this post.
W. Baker
2008-01-28 01:30:13 UTC
Ozgirl <***@maccas.com> wrote:

: "W. Baker" <***@panix.com> wrote in message
: news:fnii5g$nug$***@reader2.panix.com...
: > krom <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
: > : Woohoo!
: > : i be famous!
: >
: > : KROM
: >
: > : "RodS" <***@fred.com> wrote in message
: > : news:m9Tmj.7409$***@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
: > : > We've actually decided to call it Kromese
: > : > Watch for the dictionary soon :-)
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > (- -)
: > : > =m=(_)=m=
: > : > RodS T2
: > : > Australia
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > krom wrote:
: > : >> Man typo city..hope you read "typese"..lol
: > : >>
: > : >> KROM
: > : >>
: > : >> "krom" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > : >> news:fnf5ue$neu$***@aioe.org...
: > : >>> I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior
: > : >>> dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i
: > was at
: > : >>> the doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol
: > : >>>
[...]

Just a lucky shot, I guess:-)

Wendy
DarkSentinel
2008-01-29 10:02:10 UTC
Post by W. Baker
: Woohoo!
: i be famous!
: KROM
[...]
Yeah we covered this in another thread. I never learned to type "properly",
and use my own style. Unlike others we know, I don't berate anyone for their
typos. Or accuse them of making stuff up.
--
T2 - Oct. '96 - Lantus, oral meds, diet
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
Undo the munge to reply by email
Trinkwasser
2008-02-24 17:22:13 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:22:40 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
Post by W. Baker
What's wrong with it?:-) I type that way all the time! I see the errors
of my ways when I read my posts in the group, but since I compensate for
my poor vision with reading and writing with my brain as much as with my
eyes, I don't see the errors when I look over the message before posting.
I do catch some, but far from all.
You all do put up with my poor typing and proofing, and I do appreciate
it!
I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
posts.

Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
Màck©®
2008-02-25 21:21:33 UTC
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:22:13 +0000, Trinkwasser
Post by Trinkwasser
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:22:40 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
posts.
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
--
Måck©® Deltec CoZmore Pumper
Type 1 since 1975

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
...Theodore Roosevelt

(o ô)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."
....Bilbo Baggins

DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message from me
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
.
W. Baker
2008-02-25 21:36:35 UTC
: <***@devnull.com.invalid> wrote:

: >On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:22:40 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
: ><***@panix.com> wrote:
: >
: >I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
: >posts.
: >
: >Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>

: your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
: come true.

: --
: M?ck?? Deltec CoZmore Pumper

Hmmm. Kind of sexist remark:-)

Wendy
Kurt
2008-02-25 23:07:24 UTC
Post by W. Baker
: On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:22:13 +0000, Trinkwasser
: >
: >I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
: >posts.
: >
: >Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
: your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
: come true.
: --
: M?ck?? Deltec CoZmore Pumper
Hmmm. Kind of sexist remark:-)
Wendy
Mack has a history of making those kinds of remarks. There's usually
a reason men find that kind of commentary funny. Combine his views of
women with his obsession for firearms and what does that spell?
Republican!

Kurt
Cheri
2008-02-25 23:32:55 UTC
Kurt wrote in message <98a83d50-101e-471b-b451-

Mack has a history of making those kinds of remarks. There's usually
a reason men find that kind of commentary funny. Combine his views of
women with his obsession for firearms and what does that spell?
Republican!

Kurt

*****

Nothing wrong with liking firearms. I'm a huge gun fan myself, but I'm
not obsessed with them, and I haven't seen that Mack is either, though
he does have some nice guns. :-) I also doubt seriously that he is a
Republican, though you might be. LOL

Cheri
Màck©®
2008-02-26 02:35:00 UTC
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:07:24 -0800 (PST), Kurt
Post by Kurt
Mack has a history of making those kinds of remarks. There's usually
a reason men find that kind of commentary funny. Combine his views of
women with his obsession for firearms and what does that spell?
Republican!
Kurt
oh so very wrong little kurtsy. on all counts.

Hell, I can't even stand the log cabin republicans.

.
Màck©®
2008-02-26 02:33:29 UTC
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:36:35 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
Post by W. Baker
: On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:22:13 +0000, Trinkwasser
: >On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:22:40 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
: >
: >I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
: >posts.
: >
: >Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
: your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
: come true.
: --
: M?ck?? Deltec CoZmore Pumper
Hmmm. Kind of sexist remark:-)
Wendy
note: you didn't say it was untrue.

.
W. Baker
2008-02-26 14:23:33 UTC
: <***@panix.com> wrote:

: >M?ck?? <***@onewiththegoddess.org> wrote:
: >: On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:22:13 +0000, Trinkwasser
: >: <***@devnull.com.invalid> wrote:
: >
: >: >On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:22:40 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
: >: ><***@panix.com> wrote:
: >: >
: >: >I used to grumble and mutter "spellchecker, DAMMIT!" when I read your
: >: >posts.
: >: >
: >: >Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
: >
: >
: >: your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
: >: come true.
: >
: >: --
: >: M?ck?? Deltec CoZmore Pumper
: >
: >Hmmm. Kind of sexist remark:-)
: >
: >Wendy

: note: you didn't say it was untrue.

: --
: M?ck?? Deltec CoZmore Pumper

I am rather stubborn and single minded as are many older people. I
certainly, don't flip-flop! I leave that to Sen. McCain

Wendy
DonnaB shallotpeel
2008-02-26 02:36:50 UTC
Post by Trinkwasser
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
Want to compare it to trying to get a man TO change? LOL
--
DonnaB shallotpeel

"You can take all the tea in China Put it in a big brown bag for me Sail
right around on the seven oceans Drop it straight into the deep blue sea
She's as sweet as Tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as
sweet as Tupelo honey Just like honey from the bee" - Van Morrison, 'Tupelo
Honey'
Màck©®
2008-02-26 02:59:43 UTC
Post by Trinkwasser
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
Want to compare it to trying to get a man TO change? LOL
That's easy:
step 1. lay out his clean clothes for him.
step 2. entice him into sex.
step 3. after he drops his drawers, you will have to manually rip his
gravy stained T-shirt off him and while twisting and writhing in the
throws of passion, peel his socks off.

when finished he will have no choice but to change clothes. Now
getting him clean is a whole other story.

.
Kurt
2008-02-26 03:27:42 UTC
Post by Trinkwasser
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
Want to compare it to trying to get a man TO change? LOL
step 1. lay out his clean clothes for him.
step 2. entice him into sex.
step 3. after he drops his drawers, you will have to manually rip his
gravy stained T-shirt off him and while twisting and writhing in the
throws of passion, peel his socks off.
when finished he will have no choice but to change clothes. �Now
getting him clean is a whole other story.
Seriously, most of your posts sound like something out of a 1940's
magazine. Wake up and smell the millennium. Or move out of the
trailer park.

Kurt
Màck©®
2008-02-26 20:54:24 UTC
Post by Trinkwasser
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
Want to compare it to trying to get a man TO change? LOL
step 1. lay out his clean clothes for him.
step 2. entice him into sex.
step 3. after he drops his drawers, you will have to manually rip his
gravy stained T-shirt off him and while twisting and writhing in the
throws of passion, peel his socks off.
when finished he will have no choice but to change clothes. ?Now
getting him clean is a whole other story.
Seriously, most of your posts sound like something out of a 1940's
magazine. Wake up and smell the millennium. Or move out of the
trailer park.
Kurt
If I move out of the trailer park, you'll be the only one left.

.
percy
2008-02-26 06:42:03 UTC
Post by Trinkwasser
Now I'm used to it. Don't ever change. <G>
your telling a woman to never change, that's one wish that will never
come true.
Want to compare it to trying to get a man TO change? LOL
step 1. lay out his clean clothes for him.
step 2. entice him into sex.
step 3. after he drops his drawers, you will have to manually rip his
gravy stained T-shirt off him and while twisting and writhing in the
throws of passion, peel his socks off.
when finished he will have no choice but to change clothes. Now
getting him clean is a whole other story.
Step 1. Install shower massage.

Step 2. See your step 2.

When done, you'll both squeak. Bring orange juice.

Vicki
DarkSentinel
2008-01-27 08:35:40 UTC
Post by krom
I guess lucky for me i was only symtomatic for 2 or 3 months prior to
dx...my mother was a type one so as soon as the signs developed i was at
the doc..well soon for me i hated going to doc...lol
Teh first moth i was tied..second tired and easily irritable byt the third
i had a rash..peeling skin..barely hold pee and slept 23 hours of the
day..was clear by then it was time to see the doc and i told them to check
my bg right away..and went to the er from there and got a insulin shot and
the next day my meter and metformin and glipi script.
Had i not known the typical symptoms and demanded a bg test.. who knows
how long it woulda took to dx.
I KNEW all the signs, and ignored them. Told myself I was too young to get
it. Drinking everything I could lay my hands on. Full bladder pees 4 or more
times an hour. Blurred vision. Severe headaches, though I attributed THOSE
to my migraines. My ex really caught on first, because my libido went to
zilch, which is NOT me. But MY worst symptom, for lack of a better term, was
that I got horrendous boils on the inside of both legs before I got DX'd.
One was so bad that I gave her an Exacto (modeling) knife, and had her cut
it open because the pressure and pain were unbearable. What finally prompted
me to go to the doc, was I had 3 tangerine sized boils on the inside of my
left leg. Total mass was about the size of a saucer. So in I go, and she
starts asking me about my other symptoms. She sent me for a blood test, and
the rest is history. I SHOULD have listened to my brain telling me what was
going on. But no, I HAD to be Barney Badass and tough it out, because that
is what men are supposed to do.
--
T2 - Oct. '96 - Lantus, oral meds, diet
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
Undo the munge to reply by email
Post by krom
Post by b
says...
krom
2008-01-27 10:48:34 UTC
Yep i had the boils too forget the name but its somthing to do with the hair
folicle shaft or some such was not cool..all that went away as soon as i got
my number in check.

KROM
Post by DarkSentinel
Post by krom
[...]
Post by krom
Post by b
says...
DarkSentinel
2008-01-27 19:40:12 UTC
Post by krom
Yep i had the boils too forget the name but its somthing to do with the
hair folicle shaft or some such was not cool..all that went away as soon
as i got my number in check.
According to my doc, mine were from a staph infection. But then again, she's
the one that just handed me the scripts, and said here, take these. Mine
also disappeared when mine came down.
--
Post by krom
Post by DarkSentinel
Post by krom
[...]
Post by krom
Post by b
says...
Julie Bove
2008-01-26 06:57:23 UTC
Post by b
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years. It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive. I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test. I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester. Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem. I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
That's exactly what happened to me! By the time I was finally diagnosed, I
had complications.
Alan S
2008-01-26 07:54:09 UTC
Post by b
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years. It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive. I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test. I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester. Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem. I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
Hi again.

Welcome to the club you didn't really want to join. Now that
you're officially a member I'll repeat the links I posted
before to help you get going:

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/newlydiagnosed.htm
and my own:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/2006/10/d-day.html

Best wishes,

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest: The Diabetes Revolution?
Nicky
2008-01-26 10:33:32 UTC
Post by b
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years.
Believe it or not Bob, that's the AVERAGE length of time before
diagnosis...

The good news is, this is a disease you can do something about; your
own actions in terms of diet and exercise will make a huge impact on
how well you feel and your general health. Those links that Alan gave
you are the cornerstones in finding a way of eating that suits your
diabetes; one thing we learn quickly is that everyone's reactions to
different foods is different, don't let your doctor give you a leaflet
and send you away, you're going to need to test.

The other leg is exercise - whatever you're doing now, try and ramp it
up a bit. Exercising an hour after a meal will help your body to
dispose of whatever level of carbs you can eat properly, and not keep
them hanging around to be turned into fat. It'll also drive your bg
back down. Used muscles burn carbs best; so the aim is eventually to
have a lot of exercised muscles : ) However, if you're a couch potato
now, a gentle stroll after lunch and dinner is a fine place to start.

Good luck - and please continue to hang out here!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
bj
2008-01-26 15:24:08 UTC
Post by Nicky
The other leg is exercise - whatever you're doing now, try and ramp it
up a bit. Exercising an hour after a meal will help your body to
dispose of whatever level of carbs you can eat properly, and not keep
them hanging around to be turned into fat. It'll also drive your bg
back down. Used muscles burn carbs best; so the aim is eventually to
have a lot of exercised muscles : ) However, if you're a couch potato
now, a gentle stroll after lunch and dinner is a fine place to start.
However, if you don't like after-meal exercising, exercising at some other
time of day -- & not necessarily the same time every day, let alone the same
exericise (type, intensity/vigor, length) -- is very good too.

I have a lot of exercised muscles but mostly *before* dinner.

I'll just put the needle in my broken record & repeat -- the best exercise,
and the best time of day to do it, is what you will actually *do*.
bj
percy
2008-01-26 14:37:23 UTC
Post by b
The results are in. The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are. I've had this for 12 years. It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive. I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test. I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester. Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem. I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
2 giant positives:

You found this group.

You have Andy in RL going through exactly the same thing.

Try not to be too hard on the medical profession in general. It could be
you've managed to slide under a diagnostic standard with a fasting bg
test just because it's about the *worst* diagnostic indicator there is.
Now is your chance to work diligently on feeling better, and believe me
buddy, there will be considerable work involved. ;-)

Vicki
2008-01-26 21:45:55 UTC
Post by percy
It could be
you've managed to slide under a diagnostic standard with a fasting bg
test just because it's about the *worst* diagnostic indicator there is.
It's amazing that the Doctor's don't know that the blood test is
unreliable. If you go to the diabetic web sites, I doubt they would
have anything on there to let you know that the test might be wrong.
Something is very wrong here. I'll bet 20-30 percent of people on this
NG have a story like mine.
NG have a story like mine.
Chris Malcolm
2008-01-27 02:36:47 UTC
Post by b
Post by percy
It could be
you've managed to slide under a diagnostic standard with a fasting bg
test just because it's about the *worst* diagnostic indicator there is.
It's amazing that the Doctor's don't know that the blood test is
unreliable.
Many of them do, but they have to use it because insurance companies
or the documentation of expenditure required by their employer demands
it.
Post by b
If you go to the diabetic web sites, I doubt they would
have anything on there to let you know that the test might be wrong.
I think if you like you will find the figures for the error
rates. That's a standatd part of the certification of every standard
diagnostic test.
Post by b
Something is very wrong here. I'll bet 20-30 percent of people on this
NG have a story like mine.
I think the worst wrong is deciding to place the diagnostic threshold
for diagnosing T2 diabetes at that point in the natural progression of
the disorder when it has become sufficiently bad that no recovery is
possible, and telling those who are sliding down the slippery slope
and who could probably recover if properly advised and treated "you're
ok, you're not diabetic (yet)". Thus making pretty sure that they do
become irrecoverably diabetic.

The way they behave, you'd almost think that preventive medicine was
unprofitable!
--
Chris Malcolm ***@infirmatics.ed.ac.uk DoD #205
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]
Michelle C.
2008-01-26 19:33:56 UTC
The results are in.  The lady in the lab said there's a problem, but I
don't know how high the numbers are.  I've had this for 12 years.  It's
a shame that the doctors don't know that the blood tests aren't always
conclusive.  I can't believe I had two of the symptoms and I wasn't sent
for the glucose/tolerance test.  I had to get my results from a friend
who had a tester.  Thanks for everyone on this N.G. who told me that it
looked like there was a problem.  I've felt like shit for 12 years.
When they tell you "no it's not diabetes", you believe them...BOB
Bob,

Unfortunately your experience is not unique. The important thing is
that you're now on the right track! Keep hanging out here. We'll be
you're cheering section.

Best regards,
Michelle C., T2
diet & exercise